A Husband and Wife Art Collaborative - by Ria and Gary Hills

Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Inspiration

I am a professional pastel painter. My husband Gary who is an engineer by profession, handed me a piece of paper the other day with a couple of sketches on it. He thought I might be able to use them as ideas for new paintings. At first I had a touch of ego and thought, "I'll come up with my own ideas, thank you!" But the sketches were too good to pass and each represented a "play on words".

The ideas started churning immediately and I came up with the concept for this blog. I'm not quite sure how often we will be posting. It depends on the frequency of Gary's inspired drawings. Every time he comes up with one I will represent it in a painting. The sketch and painting will be posted once I've done my part.
This is going to be so much fun!

Please bookmark this site so you can check back for the first sketch and painting! Better yet you can become a "follower" of this blog in the right hand column.