A Husband and Wife Art Collaborative - by Ria and Gary Hills

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lobster Roll

crabcake drawingGary's drawing was so great that I was thinking a painting couldn't compete. But that's what I do and the intention of this blog is to interpret his drawings.

At first I wanted to go for a live lobster but I was hooked on using red so cooked it is. I kept the details down to a minimum, just enough to suggest the lobster and the roll. Ok . . maybe a bit more.

I'm anxiously awaiting more "play on words" drawings. My goal is to paint one a week, providing that the drawings are supplied. (Hint, hint)

crab cake pastel paintingDid I mention in the last post that Gary makes the best lobster chowder? I can't eat a whole lobster but put it in soups or stuff it in a fish and I totally enjoy it.

Tonight we'll be going to the first anniversary of the gallery that offered to represent my work. Six of my paintings will be part of the exhibit. I always want to go incognito. That's impossible if the gallery owner is there or if you invite friends. One of these days I will find a way.

6" x 6" pastel painting, unframed
You can purchase this painting for $120 with free shipping and handling in the US. Please email me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I didn't know that lobster shells turned red when cooked! Learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny, I like the play on words idea. The painting is very well done too. Keep on painting, looking foreward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete